Sunday, October 15, 2006

About 8 inches...

Haven't updated in awhile with school and games and lazyness coursing through my very being. This may be a fairly long post. I downloaded a few demos this week to try out and for the most part, they were all good. First up, Battlefield 2142. Never played Battlefield 2 because of rig quality and not being very skilled with a keyboard/mouse combo. I thought it was fairly good, though I can't see justifying $50 for two online game mode, but I may pick it up. Probably not though. Next up: Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. Now THIS game rocks my foot condoms. I love the combat and the interaction with the environment; there are so many different ways to approach a given situation, be it full on assault, stealthy backstab, magic blastery, or just a good ol' kick to the face. Truely open-ended. F.E.A.R Combat is next. I only played a few rounds and didn't get much out of it. I'll give it another go later. Now comes Company of Heroes. This one was really of fun. It's very authentic to the time and is just damn fun. Plus, it has ragdoll physics! The little Nazi's flying in all directions after a well thrown grenade just makes me giddy inside. Finally, Splinter Cell: Double Agent has a demo up on Marketplace. I played a few rounds and liked what was there. They changed it to 3v3 now rather then 2v2 and I think that makes it better. They also upped the gamespeed way high now, making it a bit more frantic. I enjoyed it though. Thumbs up. In other news, I went to a hockey game last night in reading. Helluva game. Tied going in to the third period but sadly the Royals lost 4-3. Least it was only pre-season.

No comments: